The 2017 ADEC Annual Conference in Portland, OR
April 5-8, 2017
Pre-Conference Institute: April 4-5, 2017
Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
Portland, OR, USA
The premiere educational, interdisciplinary meeting for professionals working in the field of death, dying and bereavement: mental health professionals, social workers, counselors, educators, clergy, funeral directors, hospital and hospice personnel, and psychologists. Download the preliminary program which includes conference highlights, scheduling information and much more.
Why attend the ADEC 39th Annual Conference?
- Learn about cutting-edge research and clinical practice in thanatology.
- Customize your conference experience — choose session types and topics that suit your discipline and interests.
- Network with peers in formal and informal settings, and establish connections that will stay with you for years.
- Identify new resources, products and services that can help move your practice forward.
- Earn continuing education credits, available in a variety of disciplines, including social work, marriage and family therapy, psychology, counseling, nursing and more.
Arrive a few days early for our Pre-Conference Institute
Enhance your conference experience by participating in one or more of the pre-conference sessions being offered. These specially designed courses provide an in-depth look at the topics and issues of greatest importance in grief and bereavement. (Participation requires an additional fee.)
Message from ADEC Regarding the Executive Order Travel Ban
On Friday, Jan. 27, 2017, President Trump signed an executive order that resulted in the immediate suspension of immigration for persons from seven countries (Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Yemen, Libya, and Somalia).
We value our colleagues from every country and as an international organization we are concerned that this ban may affect ADEC members.This executive order is currently being litigated and there is a hold on its implementation.
ADEC is not in a position to know if or how this will affect your ability to attend the ADEC Conference in Portland, OR in early April. If this travel advisory directly applies to you or your travel plans, and if you need a Letter of Invitation from ADEC to attend our conference as a presenter or attendee, ADEC is happy to supply this document specifying your role. Contact Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
If you are a presenter, we also advise you to print and bring a copy of the conference program listing your name as a presenter.
We look forward to seeing one and all in beautiful Portland in April 2017!
Travel Notice for International Attendees
The U.S Customs and Border Protection has issued an Immigration Advisory Notice with regards to new U.S immigration entry requirements affecting the nationals of the following countries:
Sudan, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Yemen
Nationals from these countries may travel to the U.S. only if they are in possession of a permanent resident card (Green card) or any of the below visas:
• A1 & A2 (Government Officials and immediate family)
• C2 (Travel to U.N.)
• G1 & G2 (Representative & employees of international organizations)
• G3 & G4 (Representatives to and employees of international organizations)
For more information, please visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection site.
Thanks to our 2017 sponsors!