New ADEC webinar explores the impact of military loss
There are unique aspects to military death that likely impact family survivors, may pose distinctive risks or serve as protective factors through a survivor’s adaptation to loss. Professionals and care providers can benefit from a greater understanding of the circumstances surrounding military death and the culture in which families grieve. Jill Harrington LaMorie, DSW, LCSW, a leading researcher and academic author on the subject of military family bereavement, will teach this webinar. Register today for this event coming up on Wednesday, July 17.
ADEC members enjoy reduced rates. Learn more and register today.
What can the Thanatology Association provide for you?
Thanatology is the study of death among human beings. ADEC members are professionals with specialized education in dying, death and bereavement, or whose professional responsibilities include working with the dying and/or bereaved.
- Find a Specialist: Use this directory to find a specialist by area of expertise, geographic setting or profession.
- Coping with Loss: Coping with loss is often a difficult journey. ADEC has compiled these resources for individuals experiencing a death-related loss or for those seeking to help others.
- ADEC Forum archive: The Forum is ADEC's professional publication and a source of cutting-edge material on thanatology. Issues older than three years are publicly available.
- Other organizations: View a list of helpful organizations that all offer services related to grief, bereavement, death and dying.
Submit your abstract to be a part of ADEC's 36th Annual Conference
ADEC is now accepting abstract submissions for the 36th Annual Conference in Baltimore. Proposals that fit the coming conference theme, "Riding the Dragon: End of Life and Grief as a Path to Resilience, Transformation and Compassion," are especially welcome. Specialty workshop submissions will be accepted until July 17, while concurrent and poster presentation submissions will be accepted through September 10. Visit the conference site to learn more about the submission guidelines. Or go directly to the abstract submission site.
Wrapping up our 2013 conference in Hollywood, CA...
Updates for ADEC members
- Meet your new ADEC Board of Directors for 2013-14. The newest members of the Board were empaneled during the association's business meeting on April 27, 2013.
- Download and read the latest issue of the ADEC Forum.
- Learn about ways in which you can make a planned gift to ADEC in your will. Read about our Living Legacy Circle.
- Become an ADEC volunteer. Find out about our committees and lend your talents to one.