Find a Specialist Instructions
As a member of ADEC, you are invited to enroll in our public Find a Specialist Directory.
This feature of the ADEC website will allow nonmembers, nonprofessionals
and others to search for ADEC members who identify themselves as
counselors, clinicians, educators, speakers, practitioners and
This is an excellent tool for members to make themselves available to
their communities. Participation in this program is entirely optional.
You must check the box labeled "Include in Public Directory," in your
member profile in order to be included.
To participate, take the following steps to review and update
Log in to My ADEC. (If you do not remember your username and
password, select "Forgot your password?" below the login
- Click on "Edit Your Profile."
- Select the "Demographics" button — it's the last tab in the green bar across the page.
- Make all the appropriate selections for the categories listed on the page. (All information is optional, though searchers are more likely to find you and your profile useful if you complete the Practice Settings, Disciplines, and Services Offered fields.)
- Check the box labeled "Include in Public Directory." This is required in order to appear in the search.
- Enter a brief biographical sketch, up to a 1,000-character limit.
Hint: Use shorter phrases and lots of keywords, which will be searchable
by the keyword search field in the Advanced search box.
- Click "Save" when you have completed your changes — the
button is located in the teal shaded box at the bottom of the section.
Note: The Find a Specialist Directory is accessible to the
public. The Member Directory, which includes additional
information, is in the members-only section of the website and is
accessible only to members. ADEC members are cautioned not to
release information to nonmembers about other ADEC members who
choose not to be included in the Find a Specialist Directory for