The ADEC 40th Annual Conference in Pittsburgh, PA
April 25 - 28, 2018
Pre-Conference Institute: April 24 - 25, 2018
The Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh
1000 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA, 15222, United States
Latest Conference News:
Pre-Registration for in-person conference attendance is currently closed. onsite registration will be available. Webcasting registration will remain open until Tuesday, April 24 11:59pm CT. For webcasting session information and registration click here.
Conference Program is now available. Download it here.
Abstract Book is now available. Download it here.
The details conference agenda is now available
. Click Here
to view the mobile app schedule.
As part of our ongoing sustainability efforts and to reduce overall conference costs, we will not be printing conference guides for the Annual Conference. This year’s app is sponsored by Marian University and has all the information you could will need including: conference schedule, presentation descriptions, and handouts and networking opportunities with other attendees. Download the mobile app to your mobile device
and build your personal schedule today! Please note local data charges may apply when using the application. Check with your carrier for more information on applicable charges that may apply.
Downloading is easy from your smart phone/tablet app store.
• From your app store, search for Whova and select to download the free app.
• Once the app is downloaded, you will open the app and sign in.
• Login using your email address used during registration.
• Create password and type in your name (your name will be visible to conference attendees).
• Profile editing (Other attendees will see this and network with you, so make it look nice. You can edit it later by clicking the ‘More’ tab.)
• Access the 40th Annual Conference main page:
• The app will take you to your event page automatically.
• If the event doesn’t show up automatically, search for ADEC 40th Annual Conference. Then, click the join button on the bottom of the event page, and enter the event invitation code: ILOVEADEC.
Have you already used the Whova app in the past? Double-check that it is installed on your phone and log in using your existing account email and password.
A Mobile App User Tutorial is accessible here and extremely helpful with screenshots included! Or, watch this 3 minute video.
Thanks to our 2018 Sponsors!
About the Conference:
The premiere educational, interdisciplinary meeting for professionals working in the field of death, dying and bereavement: mental health professionals, social workers, counselors, educators, clergy, funeral directors, hospital and hospice personnel, and psychologists. The call for abstracts for the 2018 Annual Conference is open! Check back periodically as information becomes available.
Why attend the ADEC 40th Annual Conference?
- Learn about cutting-edge research and clinical practice in thanatology.
- Customize your conference experience — choose session types and topics that suit your discipline and interests.
- Network with peers in formal and informal settings, and establish connections that will stay with you for years.
- Identify new resources, products and services that can help move your practice forward.
- Earn continuing education credits, available in a variety of disciplines, including social work, marriage and family therapy, psychology, counseling, nursing and more.
Arrive a few days early for our Pre-Conference Institute
Enhance your conference experience by participating in one or more of the pre-conference sessions being offered. These specially designed courses provide an in-depth look at the topics and issues of greatest importance in grief and bereavement. (Participation requires an additional fee.) Learn more about the Professional Development Courses and Specialty Workshops offered at the 2018 conference.