By completing the online registration form you are committing to register for the 2019 Annual Conference and all selected registration and program option fees are owed to ADEC. If you are not sure you can attend the conference or are awaiting confirmation of funding, do not proceed with the online registration form.
Substitutions for registrants at conference are permitted for a colleague who is eligible at the same fee rate based on membership status and may be made up until seven (7) business days prior to the start of the conference (April 9, 2019).
Cancellations must be received in writing and are subject to the following:
1. Cancellations received eleven (11) business days or more prior to the start of the conference (April 9, 2019) are eligible for a refund minus a processing charge of $75.00 (US funds).
2. Cancellations received ten (10) business days or less prior to the start of the conference (April 9, 2019) shall not receive any refund if they do not meet the criteria in number 3 below.
3. Cancellations received ten (10) business days or less prior to the start of the conference (April 9, 2019) shall receive a credit to the next year’s conference equal to the fee for the cancelled conference minus a processing charge of $ 125.00 (US Funds), only if the cancellation was due to:
(a.) Events beyond reasonable control of the registrant, including but not limited to: acts of nature, acts of war, terrorist attacks in the region where the conference is being held or the region where the individual works and or lives, government regulation, national disasters, transportation strikes, or curtailment of transportation either in the conference city or in the countries/states of origin of the attendees, civil disorder, or other emergencies that make it illegal or impossible to attend the conference; or
(b.) Death of an immediate family member. For the purpose of this policy this means a family member who is:
1 - a spouse, domestic partner;
2 - children, step children, foster child, or a child in an “in loco parentis” arrangement for which the person assumes parental status and responsibilities;
3 - an individual for which the person is a legal guardian;
4 - parents, brothers, sisters, step-parents, step-brothers, step-sisters, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, grandparents, grandchildren; or
5 - any relative living in the registrant’s domicile.
(c.) Primary care taking responsibilities for an incapacitated minor or adult, due to illness, terminal illness of other incapacity, whom the registrant has guardianship, custody, or primary familial responsibilities.
(d.) Personal hospitalization or incapacitating injury. (Supporting documentation required.)
4. Requests for refunds pursuant to number 3 above must be received in writing, within twenty-eight (28) business days of the end of the conference (April 13, 2019)
5. All other requests shall be reviewed on a case by case basis by the full Conference Planning Committee.