Each year, ADEC recognizes professionals in thanatology for their commitment to the field and advancing the study of dying, death and bereavement. ADEC distributes a number of awards to professionals at various stages of their careers in the field during our annual conference each spring.
- The awards are presented to deserving individuals each year at the Annual ADEC Conference.
- The Awards and Recognition Committee may decide not to present an award in any given year if, in their discretion, there are no deserving candidates nominated.
- Current ADEC Board members are not eligible to receive awards while serving on the board.
- Individuals who have received an award within the past three years are not eligible to receive another award during this time period.
- Individuals may self-nominate themselves for an award.
- Award recipients are not required to be present to receive the award but are strongly encouraged to attend the conference to receive their award in person.
- Active awards and recognition committee members may not nominate individuals or themselves for an award.
Application / Nomination Deadlines:
|Awards nomination closes
||Sept. 30, 2019
|Nomination notice / information sent to all nominees
||Oct. 5, 2019
|Nominee packet due
||Oct. 31, 2019
|Nominee submission packet review
||Nov. 1 - Dec. 15, 2019
|Award recipients & all nominees notified
||Jan. 6, 2020
Please note: time frames are targeted goals and depending on influx of submissions, review deadlines may increase as will notification deadlines. All nominees will be notified should an extension be needed.
Application / Nomination Process:
1. Review award information
2. Gather necessary information
3. Submit your nomination via the online form by Sept. 30, 2019.
2020 ADEC Awards
Award nominations are due September 30, 2019. All nominations must be submitted online.
View award descriptions, candidate criteria and nomination requirements.
- Academic Educator Award
- Community Educator Award
- Clinical Practice Award
- Research Recognition Award
- ADEC Service Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Edie Stark-Shirley Scott Early Achievement Award
- Ronald Keith Barrett Diversity and Multicultural Presentation Award
View a list of past award recipients.