Awards & Scholarships
Each year, ADEC recognizes professionals in thanatology for their commitment to the field and advancing the study of dying, death and bereavement. ADEC distributes a number of awards to professionals at various stages of their careers in the field during our annual conference each spring.
Overall ADEC Awards Detail:
- The awards are presented to deserving individuals each year at the Annual ADEC Conference.
- The awards and recognition committee may decide not to present an award in any given year if, in their discretion, there are no deserving candidates nominated.
- Current ADEC Board members are not eligible to receive awards while serving on the board.
- Individuals who have received an award within the past three years are not eligible to receive another award during this time period.
- Individuals may self-nominate themselves for an award.
- Award recipients are not required to be present to receive the award but are strongly encouraged to attend the conference to receive their award in person.
- Active awards and recognition committee members may not nominate individuals or themselves for an award.
Applicable to Student Awards & Conference Scholarships:
- Only one ADEC award will be given to offset conference expenses. Should a candidate receive a student paper award, the student conference scholarship will be given to an alternate.
- Previous student conference scholars are eligible; however, priority for repeat wards will be given to those who are actively involved in the activities of ADEC and student activities
Application / Nomination Deadlines:
|Nomination submission via online submission form
||October 1, 2018
|Nomination email sent to all nominees with request to complete nomination packet online
||October 5, 2018
|Nominee packet submission by award nominees
||October 31, 2018
|Nominee submission packet review by committee
||Nov. 1 - Dec. 1, 2018*
|Nominee notification emails sent to award recipients & all nominees
||December 31, 2018
* Please note: time frames are targeted goals and depending on influx of submissions, review deadlines may increase as will notification deadlines. All nominees will be notified should an extension be needed.
Application / Nomination Process:
1. Review award and scholarship information
2. Gather necessary information
3. Submit your application and/or nomination via the online form
Submit an Award Nomination (the deadline was Oct. 1)
Submit a Student Paper and/or Apply for a Student Conference Scholarship
2019 ADEC Awards
Award nominations are due October 1, 2018. All nominations must be submitted via the online form listed above.Please click here to view award descriptions, candidate criteria and nomination requirements.
View a list of past award recipients.
2019 Student Paper Awards
Award submissions are due October 31, 2018. All submissions must be submitted via the online form listed above. Please click here to view award descriptions, candidate criteria and nomination requirements.
2019 Student Conference Scholarships
Scholarship applications are due October 31, 2018. All applications must be submitted via the online form listed above. Please click here to view scholarship criteria and application requirements.
Please direct questions to ADEC headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.