ADEC 2020 Annual Conference
April 28 - May 2, 2020
Hyatt Regency Columbus, Columbus, OH, USA
Registration is now open!
The premiere educational, interdisciplinary meeting for professionals working in the field of death, dying and bereavement: mental health professionals, social workers, counselors, educators, clergy, funeral directors, hospital and hospice personnel, and psychologists. Save the dates and join us in Columbus!
Why attend the ADEC 42nd Annual Conference?
- Learn about cutting-edge research and clinical practice in thanatology.
- Customize your conference experience — choose session types and topics that suit your discipline and interests.
- Network with peers in formal and informal settings, and establish connections that will stay with you for years.
- Identify new resources, products and services that can help move your practice forward.
- Earn continuing education credits, available in a variety of disciplines, including social work, marriage and family therapy, psychology, counseling, nursing and more.
Arrive a few days early for our Pre-Conference Institute:
Enhance your conference experience by participating in one or more of the pre-conference sessions being offered. These specially designed courses provide an in-depth look at the topics and issues of greatest importance in grief and bereavement. (Participation requires an additional fee.)
Learn more about the multiple Professional Development Courses and Specialty Workshops.
Registration is Open
View the registration options and register by February 15 to take advantage of early bird rates!
Check out the schedule-at-a-glance to get an overview of what to expect at Conference.
All Conference activities will take place at the Hyatt Regency Columbus. Reserve your room by April 6 to secure discounted ADEC rates.
Exhibit, Sponsorship & Advertising Opportunities
Conference provides access to many opportunities for you to engage with thanatology professionals for valuable face time, networking, prospecting and feedback. There are a variety of ways for your organizations to be involved and support the 2020 Conference.
Learn more about the featured speakers at Conference and the topics they'll be covering.
Present at the 2020 Conference
The deadline for abstract submissions for concurrent sessions and poster presentations was Sept. 13. Learn more.
2020 ADEC Student Paper Awards
ADEC presents awards to undergraduate and graduate papers dealing with a topic related to dying, death, loss and bereavement. Recipients are recognized during the annual conference. Applications are due Nov. 8.