ADEC 2021 Annual Conference
April 6 - 10, 2021
The Westin Galleria Houston
Houston, TX, USA
The premiere educational, interdisciplinary meeting for professionals working in the field of death, dying and bereavement: mental health professionals, social workers, counselors, educators, clergy, funeral directors, hospital and hospice personnel, and psychologists. Save the dates and join us in Texas!
Attend the ADEC Conference either in person or virtually. ADEC is planning the 2021 Conference to be both an in-person event in Houston and a virtual experience.
Why attend the ADEC 43rd Annual Conference?
- Learn about cutting-edge research and clinical practice in thanatology.
- Customize your conference experience — choose session types and topics that suit your discipline and interests.
- Network with peers in formal and informal settings, and establish connections that will stay with you for years.
- Identify new resources, products and services that can help move your practice forward.
- Earn continuing education credits, available in a variety of disciplines, including social work, marriage and family therapy, psychology, counseling, nursing and more.
Arrive early for our Pre-Conference Institute:
Enhance your conference experience by participating in one or more of the pre-conference sessions being offered. These specially designed courses provide an in-depth look at the topics and issues of greatest importance in grief and bereavement. (Participation requires an additional fee.)
Check out the schedule-at-a-glance to get an overview of what to expect at Conference.
All Conference activities will take place at the The Westin Galleria Houston, located at: 5060 West Alabama, Houston, TX.
Call for Abstracts
Submit a poster presentation submission for Conference. The deadline is November 2, 2020.
Each year, ADEC recognizes professionals in thanatology for their commitment to the field and advancing the study of dying, death and bereavement. Nominate an individual(s) by October 16, 2020.
Future ADEC Conferences
April 19-23, 2022: St. Louis, MO
April 25-29, 2023: Columbus, OH